Friday, December 21, 2012

Strung out Ducky

Name: Strung out Ducky
Interests: Visiting with family and friends over the holiday, which is what it’s all about-quality time.
Where to Find: Zydeco Gifts
Brand: Oriental Trading Company
Price: $2.00 Cdn 
Tangled up.

I have to be honest. The holidays stress me out. Every year Christmas carols are sung sooner and stores hang up and sell decorations sooner. The cheesy decorations and the money that is spent on the depresses me. People should give that money to the food bank or charity instead.

This year my neighbour even turned his Christmas lights on on November 01 and his Halloween decorations were up on September 15-October 31st. I still don’t have my outdoor lights up and every time I try to put them up,I get tangled in them beyond recognition and then I am left feeling strung out.

I don’t enjoy gaining weight from eating too many rum balls and Nanaimo bars. Not to mention the endless eggnog and ciders at parties and the endless cheese and cracker plates too. However, when Christmas Day does arrive, I enjoy spending time with my family and grandchildren which is what the holidays are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment