Friday, September 14, 2012

Cold Rubba Ducky from Edmonton

Name: Ow! Flagpole Cold Rubba Ducky
Interests: Hanging out with Frosty since I also look like a snowman.
Where to Find: Christmas Store on Whyte Ave (no longer in business)
Brand: Rubba Duck
Price: $7.25 Cdn (half price) 

My tongue is stuck to the flagpole.

If you’re like me, you hate to admit it, but now that it is September, it is technically fall. Therefore, I am going to feature a wintery rubba duck today. Cold Rubba Ducky was one of the first Rubba Ducks that I purchased. He is snow white and his skin is opalescent like a snowflake. He is wearing a blue satin top hat and bow tie. His beak is blue from the cold and so are his eyes.

He reminds me of snowboarding in -30 in Fernie. It was so cold that my hair was frozen and my eyelashes had icicles on them. His bum has a sketch of a thermometer on it that reads well below zero. He was born on March 11 which is a bit odd give his cold nature, but let’s face it there is always still snow in Edmonton on March 11.

Poem on his tag:

“This duck is sooooo cold
it’s frozen.

U Betcha! Born and raised in Gooseberry Falls,
Minnesota.

Doesn’t believe in flying
south for the winter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment