Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thanksgiving Ducky from Zydeco Gifts

Name: Thanksgiving Ducky (technically, the name on his bottom says Pumpkin Ducky)
Interests: Eating butternut squash soup and hiding in the pumpkin patch scaring kids. I work at the pumpkin patch too.
Where to Find: Zydeco Gifts in Victoria, BC
Brand: Assurance
Price: $3.98 Cdn
I am thankful for my loving family.

I know the holiday Monday isn’t until tomorrow but we celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday and we are celebrating it today, so I decided it was appropriate to publish the Thanksgiving Ducky today. It’s too bad I don’t have a ducky holding a cornucopia because that would have been the perfect Thanksgiving Ducky. Does anyone know where to buy a cornucopia ducky? However, since it’s harvest season and we are thankful for a nice harvest I decided a ducky in a pumpkin would do (even though I know it’s a bit Halloweenish too).

Every year, Thanksgiving Ducky hollows out the largest pumpkin in his pumpkin patch and steps inside it. He makes a perfect hat out of the stem and he ensures he can tuck his entire body into the pumpkin. Next, he waits for customers and then pops out at them all day. It never gets old for him, but some of the returning customers know what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment