Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Luau Duckies

Name: Luau Duckies
Interests: Performing a luaus and parting.
Where to Find: Why Not in Alexandria, Virginia
Brand: Oriental Trading Company
Price: $2.00 US
Hukilau

I have always wanted to go to Hawaii and almost got to go there for work once. I was so close to going that my husband had already booked his ticket too and then the trip was cancelled. I know the words to the Hukilau song and even performed this song in full Hawaiian dress at a work function.

Since today is the first day of Spring (which means nothing in Edmonton, it will continue to snow), I decided the luau duckies would be appropriate, so we can at least dream of warm weather.
The first ducky has his goggles on and is ready to float in the huge waves in his little life preserver. The ducky in the blue and green lei with the blue flower and grass skirt is my favourite. It’s odd that the ducky with the pink flower does not have a grass skirt. The ducky in the Blue Hawaiian print shirt looks like a tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment