Monday, March 4, 2013

Soccer Ducky

Name: Soccer Ducky
Interests: Eating pancakes or skillets at Smitty’s
Where to Find: Smitty’s restaurant (off Hwy 1) in Airdrie, Alberta
Brand: Feelin’ Lucky
Price: $1.00 Cdn 
Patch work.

We went to Banff for the weekend and it was above 0 when we drove down but -2C with a snowstorm for our drive home. It took us 3 hours to drive from Banff to Airdrie. There were too many accidents and too many cars in the ditch to count. Our saving grace was stopping into a Smitty’s restaurant for a late lunch. I was instantly cheered up when we saw a vending machine of rubber duckies! I dug for a loonie and we received Soccer Ducky! My husband provided the next loonie, but nothing came out of the machine. It was empty! We received the last ducky

I have been searching for the Feelin’ Ducky vending machine ducks for over a year. Two summers ago, my friend bought me Eight Ball Ducky and Queen of Pigeon Lake Ducky. My brother also bought me the Twitter Ducky from a grocery store in Seattle. It seems small towns carry these duckies. Has anyone else seen these machines in Alberta or Edmonton and if so, where? These ducks are so popular, that you think they would restock the machine. I am driving to Calgary in April, so I am going to check back with this machine then. I think this is the 4th set of Feelin’ Ducky ducks and that a 5th set is now available.

No comments:

Post a Comment