Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Millcreek Pool Lifeguard Ducky from Edmonton

Name: Millcreek Pool Lifeguard Ducky
Interests: Keeping little kids safe all summer long.
Where to Find: Elephants Never Forget (no longer in business)
Brand: Schylling
Price: $4.50

Swim a lap to get a stamp so you can go in the deep end.

I remember the summer that my best friend and I spent the day at Millcreek Pool in Edmonton. We dove off the high diving boards many times, inhaled the sweet summer scent of sunscreen, purchased slurpees that the wasps invaded and dried off in the sun. My friend dried off a bit too much and sunburned her back really bad. Millcreek pool is down in the river valley and there isn't much shade. I can't wait to take my daughter to the pool this summer, but we are going to go in the evening so the UV isn't as high.

Millcreek Pool Lifeguard Ducky is wearing a blue ball cap so he doesn't get heat stroke. He also has on a red tank top and is holding a life preserver. There is also a whistle on a pink string around his neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment