Thursday, February 23, 2012

Propaganda Rubber Duck from Beijing

Name: Propaganda Ducky
Interests: Hanging out in Tiananmen Square
Where to Find: Potato & Co.
Brand: Bud
Price: $118 Yuan ($10.00 Canadian for the Trio)


Propaganda Ducky visits the Great Wall of China.

During our 6 month trip aroud the world, I spent a week in Beijing with my husband. On October 31, 2009, we went out to buy groceries and walked to a mall near where we were staying. It was a snowy but warm afternoon and it made us feel like we were at home because it often snows on Halloween in Edmonton. I saw a store called Potato & Co. From the outside, it looked like a really neat kitchen decor store. I always become hopeful when I see these types of stores because they often carry rubber ducks. This store had 100s of Bud Rubber ducks. There were so many to choose from, but it wasn't hard to decide. I just had to have the Chinaduck pack since it was fitting with being a tourist and all.

These three Bud ducks: Propaganda, Stadium and Panada are my second favorite set of rubber ducks (next to the Boon rubber ducks of course). I did not name these rubber ducks. I am using the names engraved on the bottom of the ducks. They are limited edition rubber ducks and came with an official number 0001174. I am not sure if that is how many of them were made or not but anytime a duck is labeled "Limited Edition" I am sure the value increases. These rubber ducks were made in 2008.

Propaganda duck is off white and sports a picture of a member of the military who looks suspiciously like Mao. He has a red military star on his lower chest. He is the classic Bud style and is medium in size. I have seen three sizes of Bud ducks: regular, medium, and mini. Check back tomorrow for the second duck in this trio: Stadium Rubber duck (but I nicknamed him Bird's Nest).

No comments:

Post a Comment