Sunday, February 19, 2012

Rubber Duck from the Great British Duck Race

Name: Win Win Ducky
Interests: Floating down rivers and getting stuck in rip tides.
Where to Find:  http://www.thegreatbritishduckrace.co.uk/
Brand: Unknown 

Price: $2 Euros
I won’t get lost in the race.

While traveling around the world in 2009, my husband and I spent two weeks in London and 1 week in Nuneaton with my relatives. We were hoping to catch a rubber ducky river race but it wasn't taking place for the dates that we were in England. This duck is the second I have purchased for a charity duck race. However, I bought my first charity race duck at Sunridge mall in Calgary with my best friend when we were in high school. Usually the ducks are entered in the race but we wanted to keep a duck for our collections. Therefore, I contacted the organization doing the London duck race and they mailed me two rubber ducks from the race to my relatives house in Nuneaton. They arrived at their house the day after we arrived (Aug 09, 2009).

The race ducks are a basic rubber duck with yellow bodies and orange beaks. However, there are many basic rubber ducks available and each one is a little bit different. Blue or black eyes seem to be the standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment