Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ducky Buttons from Michael's

Name: Ducky Buttons
Interests: Sewing and designing Halloween costumes.
Where to Find: Michael’s
Brand: Unknown
Price: $3.95 Cdn 

Fascinated by fastening.

I took Home Economics in highschool but I was a terrible sewer. Even on the sewing machine, I could not sew a straight line. The sunflower and black and white check boxer shorts that I made have one leg longer than the other. I bought satin material to make a skirt and the sewing machine snagged it. I ended up paying a seamstress to finish it for me and she said: “This material is not for beginners.” However, I have always been and still am good at sewing on buttons. I used to make bracelets out of buttons by sewing them onto a thick elastic band. I think that this is what helped me to become an expert button sewer.

My favourite buttons here are the buttons on the far left because they look the most like a rubber ducky. The bubbles are also neat and the plain yellow ducks. The outline duck at the very top looks like the ducks you would see on that old classic duck and goose wallpaper in country kitchens.

No comments:

Post a Comment