Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Top Hat Ducky from the Hastings Hotel

Name: Top Hat Ducky
Interests: Touring castles and speed walking.
Where to Find: Hastings Hotels
Brand: www.hastingshotels.com
Price: Free with a stay at the hotel.

Let me get the door for you.

My Grandma’s niece, Sandy just returned from a vacation to Ireland with her girlfriends. While she was there, I asked her to search for rubber ducks for me (particularly for the other two Irish ducks that I saw in Dublin but did not purchase during our around the world trip). She managed to find 3 Irish rubber ducks for me.  I was most impressed by the Top Hat Ducky that she found.

Sandy walked into her room at the Hastings Hotel and there in the bathroom on the vanity was Top Hat Ducky. He smiled at her, bowed, and tipped his hat. She collected his brother from her friend’s room too. I think it is brilliant for hotels to give away rubber ducks. I must make it my mission to stay at one or all hotels that giveaway rubber duckies. I am curious if they change the ducky year after year or if it’s always the same style of ducky. I must find out the PR behind the duckies in hotels. I am not sure who started the trend but there are also a few hotels in the US that give away rubber duckies too.

Top Hat Ducky has the Hastings logo on his tuxedo and the website on his bum. His red beak is always smiling and he can tip his black top hat at a moment’s notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment